Elderly man has knife held to throat in violent home invasion

a close up of a window

© Nine

Two men have been charged over a violent home invasion in Melbourne’s west, where an elderly man allegedly had a knife held to his throat.

Detectives were told a 63-year-old woman was talking to relative overseas when she heard glass smash inside the kitchen of her Deer Park home last night.

The offenders confronted the woman after she went to investigate the smashing noise, with one of the men alleging threatening her with a kitchen knife.

a person wearing a mask: Deer Park home invasion.

© Nine
Deer Park home invasion.

The woman fell to the ground after being pushed into the loungeroom.

A 79-year-old man also allegedly had a knife held to his neck during the aggravated burglary, which occurred on Birchwood Boulevard at 11.30pm. He was later taken to Sunshine Hospital with minor injuries.

The burglars ransacked the house, causing “considerable damage” to the property in their search for cash and valuables.

The burglars ransacked the Deer Park house.

© Nine
The burglars ransacked the Deer Park house.

“While this was happening, the person on the phone could hear what was taking place at the address and called a nearby relative who contacted police,”a Victoria Police spokesperson said.

“Police attended the scene while the two burglars were still inside the house.”

The house was cordoned by police until the burglars were arrested a short time later, after smashing through a side door and jumping a fence.

a close up of a cage: Glass smashed inside the Deer Park home.

© Nine
Glass smashed inside the Deer Park home.

The two offenders, a 22-year-old Derrimut man and a 19-year-old Kurunjang man, have both been charged with aggravated burglary, two counts of armed robbery, criminal damage and assault with a weapon.

The 22-year-old man has also been charged with commit indictable offence while on bail.

Both men will face the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.

Video: Perth police allegedly attacked (9News.com.au)

Perth police allegedly attacked



Source Article